PyroTex® medic is an engineered Acrylic fiber and was specifically developed to counteract viral and bacterial infections.
The ability to incapacitate viruses such as SARS-CoV-2, H3N2 and MS2, bacteria like Klebsiella Pneumoniae, Staphylococcus Aureus and Escherichia Coli and also fungi is inherent, i.e. built into the fiber, and therefore permanent.
The properties do not have to be re-activated/re-charged and remain indefinitely.
- Efficacy against viruses → +99%
- Efficacy against bacteria → +99%
- Fungi resistance → permanent
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100 → Class 1 (suitable for babies)
- REACH → pass
- CPSIA → pass
- dyeable (also available in dope dyed) → PyroTex® medic, coloured
As fiber in bales of 220kg (485lbs) in 2,0 - 2,8 - 4,0 - 8,5dtex (1.9 - 2.5 - 3.8 - 8.0den) and cut lengths between 20-120mm (0.8-4.4in) according to customer specifications.
Processable on all spinning systems and as non-woven.